Lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer

When I think of the summer season starting to unfold at the Rochester Inn, I can't help but think of this song (& one of my favorite Gilmore Girls episodes by the same name!).  Our favorite guests are returning to relax & enjoy the gorgeous weather & surroundings, while myself & my staff are going non-stop to make sure our inn is in tip-top shape!

I am clearly obsessed with the prolific pink peonies that are the 'show stopper' on our garden patio at the moment.  There is nothing more beautiful than the moment they burst open, & their beauty is perhaps enhanced by how fleeting it is.  We just love to cut big, fresh bouquets of them to showcase all around the inn!  In order to enjoy peonies year-round, my husband cuts them when they are slightly pre-peak & then dries them.  They make a lovely statement on a bedside table or as a dining centerpiece.






Comments

Popular Posts